Will the “Rhino Mini Detail” Remove Hard Water Spots?
Often times, very fresh water spots about a day or two old can be removed by washing or claying the vehicle but in most cases hard water spots will need to be treated by a polishing or buffing method in order to remove permanently. In most cases our wash and wax and claying package without the polishing will NOT remove hard water spots or hard water marks.
Does the Claying, Washing, and Waxing Remove Scratches?
No it does not. Scratch and swirl removal requires buffing and polishing of the paint. Only the “Rhino Custom Detailing” package and “Rhino Signature Detail” will remove certain swirls and scratches.
How Long Does a Detail Take?
On an average vehicle (sedan, coupe), “Rhino Mini Detail” 2~3 Hrs. “Rhino Custom Detail” 6~8 Hrs. “Rhino Signature Detail” 24~48 Hrs.
How Often Should I Get a Detail? And What Type?
This is a tough question. To start, if you have NOT performed a detail on your vehicle in over 6 to 12 months, it is recommended to have a professional evaluate what package would be the most applicable to your car’s needs.
How Long Does Window Tinting Take?
On an average vehicle (sedan, coupe), tinting takes 2~3 Hrs.
How do I take care of my Paint Protection Film install?
- Wait 72 hours after installation to wash your car.
- Remove insect or other stains as soon as possible with a film cleaner.
- Stubborn stains can be removed with 99% isopropyl alcohol. Take care to keep these chemicals off the vehicle’s paint.
- Seal with Paint Protection Film Sealant at least once every 3 months to preserve high gloss.
- Light scratches in the film will self-heal in 20-30 minutes at room temperature. In colder conditions, or to accelerate the process, pour warm water (120°F) over the affected area.
- Avoid using a pressure washer or high-pressure water source near the edges of the film, it can cause the film to lift and/or become damaged
- Detailing Clay can be used to remove contaminants that are on the film.
- REMEMBER: Your new film takes 30 days to fully cure. You may see some hazing or condensation during this period.
- Use only microfiber towels on the film
- Do NOT wipe or scrub the film in direct sunlight or when the film is hot
- Do NOT use abrasive cleaners on the film
- Do NOT use dyed or colored car waxes on the film
- Do NOT use solvent based degreasers
- Remove any wax build‐up along film edges with a lint‐free cloth.
How do I take care of my Ceramic Coating install?
The Curing Process:
During the curing process the coating is still soft and can be weakened. It requires 2-3 weeks to cure depending on environmental factors such as humidity and temperature. During this time, if you notice contaminants on the car such as tree sap, bird droppings, water, etc., remove them promptly. The following should be avoided:
- Washing, raining, sprinklers.
- Parking outdoor or under a tree.
- Allowing bird droppings, sap or pollen to sit on the car and bake in the sun.
- Mechanically or chemically abrading the paint.
Never use aggressive products to polish the coating or remove surface contamination. Never use excessive force to remove spots. Bird droppings, tar, sap, etc. should be removed as soon as possible to avoid temporary staining or hardening on the coating. Any staining left behind from the bird droppings will break down over a few days without affecting the coating.
Wash & Dry:
Wash on a bi-weekly basis to avoid excessive contamination build up. Avoid washing in direct sunlight to minimize streaking and water spotting. Wash from the top down leaving the dirtiest sections for last to avoid cross contamination. Use the "two bucket" method - one bucket for rinsing your sponge/mitt and one for soapy water. Use separate soap and sponge/mitt for wheels. Always dry completely and never leave to air dry. Tap water contains minerals that may leave deposits creating water spots. Use quality microfiber towels for best results and avoid aggressive wiping, allowing the material to absorb the water.
Annual Maintenance & Inspection:
Waxing is not needed because it will not bond to the coated surface. To ensure the coating performance and gloss, it is reconditioned with the maintenance product 2-3x a year depending on the usage of vehicle and the environmental factors. Annual inspection is recommended 1x a year and carried out by a certified installer before the anniversary date of the last service.